10 Questions to Yoga Teacher Damar Theilmann
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how weird are you?Haha, probably not as weird as I would like to be ;). I would say an average 5.
- What is your favorite part about being a yoga teacher?I love that I have the possibility to share my passion with my students, showing them what inspires me. And of course, I love when students come to me in the end of a class with that shine in their eyes and say “That felt so good!”
- What book do you think every Yogi should read?
Eckhart Tolle’s “Now” – so inspiring!
- If you could choose to have a superpower, which one would it be?
I would definitely choose teleportation! There are so many amazing places I want to travel to :).
- How lucky do you consider yourself?
I consider myself pretty lucky! I have a wonderful family, awesome friends and I was able to turn my passion into my job. So much to be grateful for!
- If you could change anything in your life, what would it be?
I would spend way more time at the ocean
- If you could change anything in the world/universe, what would it be?
I would change how people treat each other. If everybody would treat others the way they want to be treated the world would definitely be a better place.
- What was the first/best experience in your life when you realized you had the power to do something meaningful?
I am not quite sure what “something meaningful” means. I believe that there lies something meaningful and powerful in so many things and actions, even in the tiniest. For me it is more about being aware of that and paying attention to all the small and big miracles happening around us.
- What is your favourite asana? Virabhadrasana II!
I love its calming and peaceful effects and it just feels great in my body.
- If you could ask God or whomever you believe in one question, what would it be?
Phew, that’s a hard one! I have so many questions! But if I should pick one, I would ask God or whichever cosmic energy why he/it created humans and if there is a special plan for us.
Damar Theilmann – Yoga Teacher
Thank you very much Damar. We look forward to having you at Nexo Surfcamp for your ‚Sun & Sea Vinyasa Yoga Retreat from 10th – 17th of June to spent some time at the ocean together
Interview by Ju – Yoga teacher & Surfcamp Leader at Nexo Surfcamp